A few months ago, I wrote a post discussing some conferences to keep an eye on this year. Now, I’m back with a bit of news.
- The proposal process for HighEdWeb New England closed, so, hopefully you were able to get a proposal in before the deadline if you were interested in presenting there. Registration is not open yet, but will probably be popping up on the site soon.
- At the same time, though, the proposal process for HighEdWeb Southeast opened yesterday. I don’t have any specific information about when the deadline is, so, if you’re interested in presenting at that conference, you should probably get on the ball.
- Proposals are being accepted for HighEdWeb Michigan right now, too. They appear to have opened sometime last week. Registration for that conference will begin in late March.
- Attendee registration for the Web Conference at Penn State opened last week.
- A newsletter was sent out today, saying that the proposal process for the national HighEdWeb conference (to be held in Portland, OR this year) will open on Monday, Feb. 17; if you have a presentation or workshop idea for that conference, you’ll want to get it submitted pretty early.
- Mike Richwalsky and I will be back at UBTech again, presenting a new SIG (“Special Interest Group”) on WordPress in Higher Ed. We are working on finalizing the description for our session, so it should be up on the site pretty soon.
- A date for WordCamp Austin has been announced (April 26 & 27, 2014)! So far, that’s the only information we have on that conference, but I’m guessing more information will be forthcoming very soon.
- It also looks like a date has been officially announced for WordCamp San Francisco. That conference will occur on Oct. 25 & 26, 2014. No other news is available for that one, yet, either.